An interesting article that quotes the average output of UK wind farms is 30% but it can be 15% some years? Talk about spin. Only a 100% variance. The London Array’s Project Director, Richard Rigg, refuses to say how much his turbines actually generate due to commercial sensibilities. My experience is if output hits, or betters targets, the Company shouts it from the rooftops, as it is good for share values, but if it falls well below expectations it is withheld due to commercial sensibilities! What is interesting is that Mr. Rigg does not believe that the UK will hit it’s 20% target by 2050. And he is not alone in that. Some 4% of Green energy professionals think we have a “good” or “very good” chance of achieving the target. Which means that 96% don’t! Therefore one might suspect that his views about Salmond and Scottish Wind are probably unprintable. However have a read and see what you think!
- Wind Industry Lies About Falling Costs Backfire: MPs Demand End to Subsidies for Wind Power
- I’ve got to take my problem to the United Nations
- I think you may enjoy this
- The Scottish Wind-Power Racket
- Cnoc an Neas
- Zero Gain
- How to really annoy your neighbours. Buy an electric car!
- Stranded Assets
- Reality – Personified
Wind V. Coal
Quote of the Decade
"The trouble with wind farms is that they have a very large spatial footprint for a piddling little bit of electricity. You would need 8oo turbines to produce the output of a coal-fired power station."
Sir Martin Holgate, Chief Scientist at the Department of the Environment of the British Government - October 2004
Death by a Thousand Turbines
- Energy Consents
- Kilmorack Wind Fm
- Political Comments
- The Blimp
- The Dummies Guide
Einstein on Consensus in ScienceAs Einstein once said,"It does not take a hundred scientists to prove me right ( consensus ?). It only takes one to prove me wrong"
- 133,799 views
Most recent comments
andreasmarciniak on I think you may enjoy thi… andreasmarciniak on The Scottish Wind-Power R… andreasmarciniak on Cnoc an Neas andreasmarciniak on Zero Gain douglas pocock on Power to the Pococks
Swamped by a Hundred Hydros