In Europe, Coal is King!

Maasvlakte.Rotterdam

Maasvlakte Coal Power Station, Rotterdam

In the Netherlands they are opening three new coal fired power stations, although they nod to green with the inclusion of biomass. However not more than 10% which leaves 90% coal. In Germany ten new hard coal power stations will be built over the next two years with a capacity of 7.985GW. More than the total UK onshore wind capacity and coal is 24/7 base load production. Germany is also involved in brown coal (lignite) generation as well as reconditioning older power station. So what is the UK doing. The DECC point to closing power stations and have no plans to replace with any new ones. Recent discoveries of coal off the Welsh coast suggests that we have the supply capacity running into centuries. In fact gasification of North Sea off-shore coal reserves could reduce energy costs even below shale gas prices.

And why are we failing to address coal. In blind obedience to EU Doctrine. (Often written by Green UK advisors)

Wind is truly so last year!

 

Advertisements

About Dougal Quixote

Slightly mad. Always believes a cup is half full so continues to tilt at Wind Turbines and the politicians that seem to believe it is their god given right to ruin Scotland for a pot of fool's gold.
This entry was posted in Wind farms. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s